Friday, June 3, 2011

Last Day in US

Ok. Goodbyes are terrible. The last couple of days, we have been visiting with all of our friends here. We tell them goodbye (or see ya later) and then tears just flow. We have made some of the best, life-long friends here in GA. It's funny how that happens when you least expect it. We moved here and thought "just 3 years in this tiny town of Brunswick/St. Simons Island and we will leave". Much easier said than done.
It all started Sunday. Jonathan says "No crying allowed in church today." Well, that was out the window the moment I walked into the building....and I didn't stop until we left. Everyone at The Chapel is so precious to us. What a wonderful family we are a part of. Jay said a special prayer for us and our journey and then we were graced with hugs from so many Chapel friends.
Sunday night we had dinner with the Collins and Bella and Carson played until 9:00. They had a blast. Tuesday night was my "wives dinner" at Bonefish. WHEW!! That was fun and I ate a TON!!! Wednesday was lunch with my gym buddies!! I will miss them so much!!! Who am I gonna punch now??? Wednesday night we had dinner with the Youngs and Bella and Miss Charlie played until 9:00. She's getting to be quite the night owl :) (Bedtime is usually 7:30 )
Yesterday, we had a lunch with everyone from Jonathan's office and then we went to Savannah to see Courtney. I can't believe she's been there almost 4 weeks :) She is sooooooo STRONG!!!
Then, last night, the Collins met us at our beach house and we took the golf cart to Moo Cow to get some yummy ice cream. It wasn't until Bella and Carson had there hands pressed on opposite sides of the glass door saying goodbye that I just LOST it!!! Completely!!!!
Today, I am getting a manicure and pedicure with Amanda and sometime today we will get to see BB and Big Daddy to tell them "see ya later". We are going to the beach this afternoon...if anyone wants to come see us, just give me a call and I'll tell you where we are on the beach :)
There are sooo many friends we haven't gotten to see this week to say goodbye to. If you are one of them and reading this, it's not because we didn't want to see ya. I am just so terrible at goobyes that I avoid it if I can. We love each and every one of the friends we have made here!! God has been so good to us!!!
We hope that some of you will end up coming to visit us in Singapore. Know that you have all blessed or lives in ways we can't even describe. We love all of you!!!
Here are a few trip details for ya:
We head out in the morning.
Jacksonville to Atlanta.........Atlanta to Tokoyo..........Tokoyo to Singapore
We should arrive in Singapore at 1:00am on June 6th. That's 1:00 pm on June 5th here in GA. As soon as I get to our condo and get my computer set up, I will let you all know that we are there safely :) Thanks for all the prayers!!
Love ya!!
Kim

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE that I happened to be in Rosalee's today (that NEver happens, so thank you Court) and got to see you!
    Can't wait to see more blog posts about your new adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love to you, my friend! Can't wait to hear about all your new adventures...safe travels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read about your new adventures, either!! You are such a wonderful person!! You have a great family and great friends...this is just 1 stepping stone in your life ahead...enjoy the adventure. I'm going to come see you in Singapore! I can't wait!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete