Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Things I Miss Already

Of course I miss all of my friends and family dearly!! It's just not the same because I can't pick up the phone whenever I want to call someone. I have to check the time because I am 12 and 13 hours ahead of my family and friends.

Here are some things that I really miss so far:

Getting in the car to drive where ever I want to go....here you must plan your route, find the correct bus, travel to the MRT station, figure out where to go, etc. It's difficult now, but I am sure I will get used to it soon.

TARGET!! I miss TARGET. There are no stores like wal-mart and target here. You have to go to several different places to find what you need. No one stop shopping.

TV: I can't see any of my favorite shows (not that it really matters) but I miss TV. There is nothing to watch here, so I bought a ton of books about Singapore to read.
I miss So You Think You Can Dance, The Bachelorette, Project Runway, Cupcake Wars, Food Challenge
I think when we get Apple TV I can watch all of my shows again. I can't watch the episodes online because I am out of the country.

I miss my boxing class at the gym. I finally worked out this morning, but it just wasn't the same. Looking for a boxing class here. The only one I have found is $175 a month....whew!!! I'll have to sell a lot of bows to do that :)

Even missing all of these things, I am not homesick. I am so happy to be here and to be experiencing this part of the world. We have already done so many things that most people in the US only dream of doing. Here are some pics we took at the Singapore Flyer :)

Walking to the Flyer

View of Marina Bay Sands (where we went to the Chocolate Bar)
Looking up at the flyer!! WOW!!

Here comes a pod. They don't stop moving so you have to hurry to get on.
Bella said "Amazing!!" She loved it!
View from above
View of the city from above
Whew!!! What a big water!!
I hope everyone is enjoying my posts as much I am enjoying sharing them. We are having a blast! I hope we have some visitors once we get settled into our new house!! If you have any questions or any thing you would like to see pictures of, let me know and I will try to get some or answer your questions about Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment