Sunday, June 26, 2011

3 Weeks!!

WOW!!! I can't believe we have been here for 3 weeks already!!! We have experienced so much in these short 3 weeks. We have one more week left in our apartment and we move into our house on July 5.
We can't wait to get moved in and get settled, even if we are going to have to use loaner furniture until our shipment arrives. It will be nice to finally begin to make a place feel like home. We shipped 500 pounds of stuff early and it should be here soon. (Things from Sam's, clothes, toys for Bella, my sewing machine and all my sewing things, our good camera, and some pictures in frames) I am ready for that shipment to arrive. The other shipment should be here around the end of July.
We haven't done too much this week. We have found lots of good eating places and had several play dates. Bella and I spent some time at the pool. She had learned to kick her feet and blow bubbles with her face in the water. She LOVES the water. I have made several trips to the store for pool toys and a monkey float.
Bella is cutting her two top molars and she seems to be very cranky because of this. We think she has also developed the "Singapore Crud"....cough and stuffy nose. Seems like all of her friends got it when they arrived, too. I am taking her to the pediatrician in the morning to get checked out.
This weekend I learned to drive. WHEW!!! It is definitely different. EVERYTHING is backwards!!!! Everything except the pedals. I keep reaching left to put on my seat belt and I continue to turn the windshield wipers on instead of the blinker. I think I have the hang of it now and we have a GPS in the car. The little lady really helps because I have no idea where I am going when I drive. Backing up is a challenge, too. Everyone backs into parking spots so they can get out quicker. It's hard to see the left side of the car when backing up. But, the more I do it, the better I get.
Our plans this week are to get things we need for the house. Trips to IKEA are definitely in store. We have lots to get there :)
Today we hired an Ahma (nanny, maid, personal chef who lives at your house). She starts the end of July. We would never be able to afford this anywhere else so we are taking advantage of the opportunity. It really is the way of life for most families here in Singapore. I had to take a class in order to become the employer of a Foreign Domestic Worker. We are very happy with the choice we made. She came highly recommended by my friend's ahma. We are excited to get her as she has 16 years experience!!!! And Bella likes her :)
Here are some pics we have taken this week :) Hope you enjoy!!

First time backing up
Some sort of Chinese float
Driving on the CTE




We wondered what these were.
Couldn't read any of the writing on the back
Opened them up.....animal crackers :)
Yummy orange milk drink...tastes like Orange Julius :)

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience! I can't wait to see your loot on your first fabric store visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Orange Julius!! I love reading your blog, too! Can't wait to come see ya'll.

    ReplyDelete